WHAT IS STRESS?
Stress is simply a reaction to a stimulus that disturbs our physical or mental equilibrium.
SOME STRESS OR PRESSURE IS GOOD FOR US
- Thirst, hunger
- Pressure for a deadline helps us to focus.
- Team games or exercise
Everyone reacts differently to situations and what may stress you may have little impact on a friend or colleague. Your stress is still real and can have an effect on your mind and body.
Examples of impact of STRESS on you could be:-
- Feeling tired – not sleeping – or sleeping but waking just as exhausted
- Eating more or less – potential eating disorders
- Smoking / drinking /drugs increases
- Lack of interest in sex
- Emotional – angry / tearful
- Headaches / migraines
- Unexplained aches and pains – eg tight neck and shoulder muscles
- Raised blood pressure
- Panic attacks and anxiety as well as depression
- OCD (the need to be in control of something)
STRESS MAKES YOU FEEL ILL AT EASE OR DIS-EASEd
Prolonged stress can affect your mind, body, emotions and behaviour.
I work with you to help you identify what is causing the stress; it is often only 20% of your life which causes 80% of your stress. Once identified we can work together to make changes to your behaviour and thinking so you react differently to the situation.
Using hypnotherapy we allow you time to relax and put the stress down for a while. Comments from clients are ‘leave me here; it’s so relaxing it’s like a mind massage’